Prime Harvests Begin!
The lack of rain and the yo-yo temperatures have made this season a waiting game that has, at times, been uber-frustrating. With exception of the tomatoes, which seem determined to make their red debut in August, we are finally harvesting quantities of Cukes, Zukes, String Beans and more!
**HOURS: Friday 1-5pm, Saturday 9am-4pm, Sunday 11am-4pm**
This is a big weekend in our neighborhood. Town-Wide Yard Sale is Saturday, July 30th so be sure to stop by The Can Man's tent in our yard before or after you visit the farmstand. Then, build-in some time to visit the Proctorsville Green and see what others have to offer.
A huge THANK YOU to the SERVE Volunteers from HOPE Church in PA for their day of service Wednesday, weeding the entirety of our Brook Field. If you have an hour or two to weed, please EMAIL US.
We are on an 'off-week' from Greens. The greenhouse plots are 'resting' for a week, but we will have our scheduled rotation of greens ready for next week.
This week at the Farmstand:
- Kale Bunches (mix of Siberian and Red)
- Rainbow Chard Bunches
- Tri Colored Beans (Yellow, Green & Purple)
- Baby Beets & their Greens
- Caraflex Cabbage
- Carnival Blend - Bell Peppers
- Variety of Hot Peppers: Hungarian Wax, Jalapenos, Cayennes, Poblano, & Anaheim
- MicroGreens (last week until Fall) - Pea Shoots, Red Beet, Basil, Pac Choy, Red Mustard
- Herbs Selection: Dill, Sweet Basil, Lemon Basil, Cilantro, Oregano, Mint, Thyme, Sage, Savory, Thai Basil
LVF's BULK Section is Growing Again!
- GF Brown Rice Pasta
- GF All Purpose Flour
- GF Coconut Flour
- GF Brown Rice Flour
- Crystallized Sliced Ginger
- Crochet Head to Toe - Locally made crocheted items for all ages, including reusable products for your kitchen.
- Daisy Doodle Design - Local artist and teacher, Christa Valente, creates whimsical, line and doodle embellished words, quotes and images as well as illustrations and custom artwork.
- May's Playce - Local artist and the Original Intern at Little Village Farm, Sarah May, creates Grateful Gear for the Grateful Family using a variety of mediums.
- C & C Cakes features a FREE taste test weekly of unique cupcake varieties.
Come by every weekend watch us grow throughout the season!