Tzatziki sauce is often served on falafels and in Greek-style salads.
- 6 C quartered and thinly sliced cucumbers (peeled and seeded if desired)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 C Greek yogurt
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the cucumbers and 1 teaspoon of the salt in a colander and toss to mix. Let drain for 30 - 60 minutes. Transfer the cucumbers to a clean kitchen towel and pat dry.
- Combine the cucumbers, yogurt and garlic in a large bowl. Season generously with the pepper and more salt, if desired.
- Set aside at room temperature to allow the flavors to develop for at least 30 minutes before serving.